K2.0 - Best track?

General topics of discussion on Kula Shaker
chilean
Mystical Machine Gun

Re: K2.0 - Best track?

Postby chilean » Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:10 pm

Oh Mary and Here Come My Demons.... awesome!

I think the album is a mix between the Jeevas second album and Pilgrim's Progress
Only Myself
Mystical Machine Gun

Postby Only Myself » Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:44 pm

I love it!
Only been listening on Youtube so the quality isn't great, but I'm really looking forward to hearing the vinyl or CD (not decided yet).

My favourites so far are Mountain Lifter and Here Come My Demons. I love them both equally but that mid section in HCMD really is something else! Looking forward to seeing how they play it live.

Love B with U and Oh Mary are my other favourites.
Oh Mary sounds like it could have been on K - especially the chorus sections. And Love B With U is an absolute beauty with that spine-tingling outro. Although, I would prefer it to be called Love (Be With You).

Can't forget about Infinite Sun. That one has definitely grown on me. I wasn't sure at first but really getting into it now.

Thank You Kula Shaker for recording such a brilliant album! Can't wait for the gig!
King B
Lucky 13

Postby King B » Fri Feb 12, 2016 4:28 am

Wow, this is hard. I really think every track on this album is effing brilliant. There's not a lackluster gem in the bunch. In my opinion this is probably their best album thus far. If I had to pick a few, maybe 33 Crows, Death of Democracy, High Noon, Mountain Lifter, Oh Mary, Here Come My Demons... I don't know. And Infinite Sun, if I hadn't already listened to it a thousand times. I wish Hari Bol had been longer, but it's still an amazing tune. Man, what a great album!
"In a place where we are destined to return, I'm still here."
Dstaruh
Sleeping Jiva

Postby Dstaruh » Fri Feb 12, 2016 5:47 am

I actually really love High Noon...I think it's a great continuation of When a Brave Meets a Maid...I love 33 Crows as well
SuperJamFos
Sleeping Jiva

Postby SuperJamFos » Fri Feb 12, 2016 12:22 pm

Listened to the album last night and in car this morning and so far my standout track is 'Get Right, Get Ready' but need to have a good session and let them all sink in.
sundarananda108
Sleeping Jiva

Postby sundarananda108 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:23 pm

zeal wrote:I like Oh Mary, incidentally whose voice is at the beginning of that song? Sounds familiar but i can't place it

Sounds like Paul McCartney.
Alisha
Lucky 13

Postby Alisha » Fri Feb 12, 2016 7:04 pm

I really like Holy Flame.
Don't like any of the others all that much though :(
"and a balance art family perception friends family politics and the fucking manipulators"
DrKitt
Sleeping Jiva

Postby DrKitt » Fri Feb 12, 2016 8:01 pm

Boy, what an album. Been actually crying tears of joy. Best song? After the first spin I'd say "Death of Democracy", "Infinite Sun" and "Mountain Lifter". They'd be stupid not to include these in the upcoming shows.
Lenandana
Sleeping Jiva

Postby Lenandana » Fri Feb 12, 2016 9:25 pm

sundarananda108 wrote:
zeal wrote:I like Oh Mary, incidentally whose voice is at the beginning of that song? Sounds familiar but i can't place it

Sounds like Paul McCartney.

At first I thought of him, too... and the words could be from something like "Yellow Submarine", but it's been ages since I saw the cartoon so I cannot be sure.
sketchead
Sleeping Jiva

Postby sketchead » Fri Feb 12, 2016 10:51 pm

Just listened to the album for the first couple of times tonight... Mountain lifter, oh Mary and death of democracy stand out so far. Definetly not what I expected but loving it.
I heard the truth was built to bend
A mechanism to suspend the guilt
Is what you are requiring still
You've got to dance little liar

Return to “Kula Shaker Forum”