Crispian Mills tracks

General topics of discussion on Kula Shaker
Domino
Holy Flame

Crispian Mills tracks

Postby Domino » Sat Feb 13, 2016 10:11 am

"Let me have it" has been leaked years ago. I found a video on YT...I don't understand if they are the same tracks or different mix.

:roll:

*edit*
Last edited by Domino on Sat Feb 13, 2016 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
We were dead before the ship even sank
2-J
Golden Avatar

Re: Crispian Mills tracks

Postby 2-J » Sat Feb 13, 2016 10:30 am

The uploader of that video has just taken all the tracks, except one, from the leaked "Let Me Have It" and has re-ordered them and also included the "Be Merciful / Healing Hands" single (which was not included in the "Let Me Have It" album / leak, as it dates from the earlier recording sessions when Crispian was still signed to Sony) and also the "I'll See You In My Dreams" track which was released on the Fantastic Fear Of Everything soundtrack.

The track not included from the "Let Me Have It" leak is Once Upon A Time In America. Can only think the uploader excluded that one as it was released in an almost identical form (the same recording even, one lyric change only) by The Jeevas on 1234. (The Jeevas also released the "Let Me Have It" versions of Stoned Love, Red, One Louder (albeit in a slightly edited form) and It's Not What You Do - but all those as non-album tracks).

I saw before that this guy uploaded those Crispian tracks, hope that this thread doesn't lead to the deletion of the vids but oh well such is life.
Domino
Holy Flame

Postby Domino » Sat Feb 13, 2016 11:04 am

Thanks for the explanation. I removed the link anyway...
We were dead before the ship even sank
Jagannath
Lucky 13

Postby Jagannath » Fri Feb 19, 2016 9:03 am

I only discovered all those songs a few months again through Pablo's link on youtube and thoroughly enjoyed listening to them over the winter. As I hadn't been following Crispian in his Jeevas period, all of these songs were uncharted territory for me! What a nice bag of surprises, such great songs!
Steve
Mystical Machine Gun

Postby Steve » Tue Feb 23, 2016 7:46 pm

I went to a Crispian Mills gig during his solo time before The Jeevas. Are these songs the ones he would of been playing at these gigs? I think he had some guys with him called the jedi knights doing stuff too.

There was one song I remember about slaying a dragon (I think?) and the song would pause to allow the girl bass player to growl. Anyone know what song this would've been?
11:11
2-J
Golden Avatar

Postby 2-J » Tue Feb 23, 2016 7:54 pm

Steve wrote:I went to a Crispian Mills gig during his solo time before The Jeevas. Are these songs the ones he would of been playing at these gigs? I think he had some guys with him called the jedi knights doing stuff too.

There was one song I remember about slaying a dragon (I think?) and the song would pause to allow the girl bass player to growl. Anyone know what song this would've been?

That would be The Knight And The Dragon.

With all the details it's kinda a long story but to cut a long story short, the leaked Crispian stuff is from after Crispian left Sony. Crispian recorded new stuff after he left Sony. Most of the Sony era tracks were (apparently) abandoned (the recordings themselves belonged to Sony, so they had to be abandoned. But the songs themselves, comparatively few of them were recorded again). Including The Knight And The Dragon.

If you want the really long version, it's here: http://www.crispianmills.com
Last edited by 2-J on Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chilean
Mystical Machine Gun

Postby chilean » Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:04 pm

Steve wrote:I went to a Crispian Mills gig during his solo time before The Jeevas. Are these songs the ones he would of been playing at these gigs? I think he had some guys with him called the jedi knights doing stuff too.

...maybe

"THE KNIGHT AND THE DRAGON
Played at all the Pi live dates (so presumably a Sony-era recorded version exists?). Has lyrics about a dragon, at least in part.
Release / availability:
No clips or versions of any kind have been released.
The track did not appear on the 'second solo album' nor was it recorded by The Jeevas."

source: www.crispianmills.com
Dreamer
Sleeping Jiva

Postby Dreamer » Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:07 pm

One of my biggest KS related regrets is that I didn't go and see PI live, especially since there seems to be so little sound/video of the gigs recorded. I remember thinking at the time the general vibe of PI seemed really interesting and it's a shame we didn't get to see/hear a bit more of that before it fell apart.
Bienvenidoalos90
Lucky 13

Postby Bienvenidoalos90 » Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:19 pm

Someone should do an extensive interview with Cristian with all our doubts ...
chilean
Mystical Machine Gun

Postby chilean » Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:05 pm

someone should force him to release all his songs :D

Return to “Kula Shaker Forum”