London Roundhouse 17th February

General topics of discussion on Kula Shaker
Ralf
Lucky 13

Re: London Roundhouse 17th February

Postby Ralf » Fri Feb 19, 2016 2:24 pm

Nice review from Classic Rock: http://classicrock.teamrock.com/reviews/2016-02-19/kula-shaker-the-return-of-the-mystics

Went to the Brussels show last night, very solid, but I missed the new material somewhat. It seems they're a bit nervous playing it - after Infinite Sun, Crispian said something like, "yeah, we made it ..."

Great how small the venue was, like a large living room, very intimate. Crispian said that this was the only venue available for the time slot, so it was either take it or leave it for them. So I think the Brussels crowd was quite privileged in seeing them there.

What I loved was that there was an older gentlemen, way into his sixties, who was joyously singing along to Hey Dude (and, I guess, to the other songs). I think he came from England just to see them. The crowd was a bit lame, they should have taken their cue from him!

Someone here going to the Paradiso show on Sunday?? And, Raagy, are you going to see any other shows?
raagy girl
Golden Avatar

Postby raagy girl » Fri Feb 19, 2016 2:26 pm

Ralf wrote:Someone here going to the Paradiso show on Sunday?? And, Raagy, are you going to see any other shows?

Yes, I'll be in Berlin on Monday!
2-J
Golden Avatar

Postby 2-J » Fri Feb 19, 2016 2:49 pm

:geek: Online sources seem to agree that the Roundhouse's capacity is 3300 standing. And it sold out. That would make it the biggest Kula solo headline show since 1999?

The whole band seemed genuinely very happy and delighted at the end of the show, clapping the audience.
Domino
Holy Flame

Postby Domino » Fri Feb 19, 2016 4:26 pm

Fender Stratocaster Sunburst...I think it's the first time I see Crispian playing a guitar like that. Anyone knows which model it is? :roll:
We were dead before the ship even sank
Christine From Oz
Lucky 13

Postby Christine From Oz » Sun Nov 20, 2016 1:18 am

2-J wrote::geek: Online sources seem to agree that the Roundhouse's capacity is 3300 standing. And it sold out. That would make it the biggest Kula solo headline show since 1999?

The whole band seemed genuinely very happy and delighted at the end of the show, clapping the audience.

I was there in the front row, just left of centre!
It was an amazing second show for me. Had flown over from Oz and caught the (warm up) Worthing gig (where I had an unofficial meet and greet, thanks to Don Pecker) and this was x 10 better.
Would love to have stayed in the UK longer and seen them say around May/June, just to compare again.

Return to “Kula Shaker Forum”