K2.0 released today in Japan

General topics of discussion on Kula Shaker
Only Myself
Mystical Machine Gun

Re: K2.0 released today in Japan

Postby Only Myself » Tue Mar 22, 2016 12:30 am

2-J wrote:
Only Myself wrote:why should they get more songs than us?

Because they pay more money for the album. (Simples).

Yea but they pay more for everything over there. A dozen eggs probably costs twice as much as it does in the UK but that doesn't mean they should get one extra. It's an eggspensive country. Sorry
2-J
Golden Avatar

Postby 2-J » Tue Mar 22, 2016 6:42 am

Only Myself wrote:
2-J wrote:
Only Myself wrote:why should they get more songs than us?

Yea but they pay more for everything over there. A dozen eggs probably costs twice as much as it does in the UK but that doesn't mean they should get one extra. It's an eggspensive country. Sorry

That's not it, really. In Japan you can buy the European / American releases of albums for prices very similar to what we pay. And those editions are readily available over there. (I know because I've seen it with my own eyes, visiting Japan). So it really is the case of the Japanese actively chosing to pay more money for a release with extras.
xxx m2 xxx
Golden Avatar

Postby xxx m2 xxx » Tue Mar 22, 2016 4:57 pm

2-J wrote:Thank you very much m2, I enjoyed that a lot, I felt I got the sense of Crispian's words.

Let Love B (With U) and Only Love (from PP) are great lyrics. Make me think of 1 Corinthians 13, which I also like a lot.

I'm relieved to hear that. Glad you enjoy reading it! :)
xxx m2 xxx
Golden Avatar

Postby xxx m2 xxx » Tue Mar 22, 2016 5:00 pm

raagy girl wrote:Thank you for translating this m2! :)

It's my pleasure! :)
xxx m2 xxx
Golden Avatar

Postby xxx m2 xxx » Tue Mar 22, 2016 5:13 pm

2-J wrote:
Only Myself wrote:
2-J wrote:

That's not it, really. In Japan you can buy the European / American releases of albums for prices very similar to what we pay. And those editions are readily available over there. (I know because I've seen it with my own eyes, visiting Japan). So it really is the case of the Japanese actively chosing to pay more money for a release with extras.

Yes, here in Japan, both of the EU edition (¥1,975) and the JP edition (¥2,592) are available. The EU edition is the same with which you can buy from the official online shop, and the JP edition has the extra track, and it is out on the Sony Music Labels Inc.
drykid
Golden Avatar

Postby drykid » Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:39 am

2-J wrote:That's not it, really. In Japan you can buy the European / American releases of albums for prices very similar to what we pay. And those editions are readily available over there. (I know because I've seen it with my own eyes, visiting Japan). So it really is the case of the Japanese actively chosing to pay more money for a release with extras.

Also sometimes it works both ways, there have been plenty of CDs in the UK that have had bonus tracks not available elsewhere. For a while a few years back it seemed like every other CD I bought seemed to say "UK bonus track" on it, although I don't really buy many CDs these days so I don't know if it happens so much now.

Thanks for the translations m2 :)
xxx m2 xxx
Golden Avatar

Postby xxx m2 xxx » Sun Mar 27, 2016 7:24 pm

drykid wrote:Thanks for the translations m2 :)

No problem, anytime!
If there is another one that you want me to translate, then let me know :)

Return to “Kula Shaker Forum”