K2.0 released today in Japan

General topics of discussion on Kula Shaker
xxx m2 xxx
Golden Avatar

Re: K2.0 released today in Japan

Postby xxx m2 xxx » Sun Feb 28, 2016 5:31 pm

Domino wrote:
xxx m2 xxx wrote:But I haven't read thoroughly all of them yet, because I've got a bad cold.
I need more rest... :( *going to bed sadly*

Thanks a lot, I got well! :)
Last edited by xxx m2 xxx on Sun Feb 28, 2016 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
xxx m2 xxx
Golden Avatar

Postby xxx m2 xxx » Sun Feb 28, 2016 5:39 pm

chilean wrote:hi! ...what did he comment about OH Mary????

I translated it :) (Sorry for my poor English, hope you understand it!)

" 'Oh Mary' is a song that Alonza was mumbling to a riff which I came up with, but actually, I don't know if it's about the Virgin Mary, or someone who is called Mary really existed, or had rhymed something with. *laugh*"
raagy girl
Golden Avatar

Postby raagy girl » Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:20 pm

xxx m2 xxx wrote:
raagy girl wrote:m-2.. Who wrote the bonus track?
I guess you need to translate the whole booklet for us :lol:
Get better soon!!

Thanks, I've recovered! :)
Oh, booklet! It's what I wanted to say at that time, yeah, it's a booklet in English :oops:
And I don’t know who wrote the track, cos it isn't listed in the booklet, unfortunately.

Glad to hear! :) thanks for translating this!!
2-J
Golden Avatar

Postby 2-J » Mon Feb 29, 2016 5:57 pm

xxx m2 xxx wrote:" 'Oh Mary' is a song that Alonza was mumbling to a riff which I came up with, but actually, I don't know if it's about the Virgin Mary, or someone who is called Mary really existed, or had rhymed something with. *laugh*"

I'm not sure I understand the italicised bit 100%, but I gather that Crispian is saying that Alonza wrote the lyric and he (Crispian) isn't sure if the song is about the Virgin Mary or not.
chilean
Mystical Machine Gun

Postby chilean » Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:28 pm

xxx m2 xxx wrote:
chilean wrote:hi! ...what did he comment about OH Mary????

I translated it :) (Sorry for my poor English, hope you understand it!)

" 'Oh Mary' is a song that Alonza was mumbling to a riff which I came up with, but actually, I don't know if it's about the Virgin Mary, or someone who is called Mary really existed, or had rhymed something with. *laugh*"

thanks for the answer!
2-J
Golden Avatar

Postby 2-J » Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:19 am

I received my Japanese edition CD yesterday; I had to put my order on hold at the last minute because of a house move (which went well!) so that I could be sure it would go to the new address.

I got the standard jewel case edition not the cardboard 'LP style' limited edition packaging.

Most disappointing for me was that Crispian's explanations are in Japanese only (which I think was implied by what m2 had posted above, ... I was still hoping though). This is in contrast with his comments in the Japanese edition of Kollected, which appear in both English and Japanese (so I was hoping for the same).

I hope m2 can translate some more of the song commentary, if there is any interesting stuff, in time.
xxx m2 xxx
Golden Avatar

Postby xxx m2 xxx » Mon Mar 21, 2016 5:07 pm

2-J wrote:I hope m2 can translate some more of the song commentary, if there is any interesting stuff, in time.

Here is my translation of Crispian's comment of 'Love B (With U)'.
I have to say it's just a translation, not the words he actually chose. So you need to presume what Crispian actually said/what he wanted to tell 8-)

“I think this song is like a gospel. It can be rephrased as 'God Be With You'. If it's a gospel, you'd sing so. It's the same in meaning. But I don't feel 'God' is a proper word in English very much. Because the word 'God' gives a bias to people and doesn't get through the original meaning, I feel. But, 'Love' is more personal. 'Love' means 'God' on personal, but it's different with each person what it is. When we see the world and see God, we see it in each respective positions, so I think we need room to construe. If you don't have Love and Hope, there is no meaning to survive. But you also have to manage in dark times.”
Only Myself
Mystical Machine Gun

Postby Only Myself » Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:29 pm

Does anyone know where i can hear the full bonus track? Apart from buying the Japanese edition, that is.
I refuse to play that game; why should they get more songs than us?
Cheers
2-J
Golden Avatar

Postby 2-J » Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:08 pm

Only Myself wrote:why should they get more songs than us?

Because they pay more money for the album. (Simples).

xxx m2 xxx wrote:“I think this song is like a gospel. It can be rephrased as 'God Be With You'. If it's a gospel, you'd sing so. It's the same in meaning. But I don't feel 'God' is a proper word in English very much. Because the word 'God' gives a bias to people and doesn't get through the original meaning, I feel. But, 'Love' is more personal. 'Love' means 'God' on personal, but it's different with each person what it is. When we see the world and see God, we see it in each respective positions, so I think we need room to construe. If you don't have Love and Hope, there is no meaning to survive. But you also have to manage in dark times.”

Thank you very much m2, I enjoyed that a lot, I felt I got the sense of Crispian's words.

Let Love B (With U) and Only Love (from PP) are great lyrics. Make me think of 1 Corinthians 13, which I also like a lot.
Last edited by 2-J on Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
raagy girl
Golden Avatar

Postby raagy girl » Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:14 pm

xxx m2 xxx wrote:Here is my translation of Crispian's comment of 'Love B (With U)'.
I have to say it's just a translation, not the words he actually chose. So you need to presume what Crispian actually said/what he wanted to tell 8-)

“I think this song is like a gospel. It can be rephrased as 'God Be With You'. If it's a gospel, you'd sing so. It's the same in meaning. But I don't feel 'God' is a proper word in English very much. Because the word 'God' gives a bias to people and doesn't get through the original meaning, I feel. But, 'Love' is more personal. 'Love' means 'God' on personal, but it's different with each person what it is. When we see the world and see God, we see it in each respective positions, so I think we need room to construe. If you don't have Love and Hope, there is no meaning to survive. But you also have to manage in dark times.”

Thank you for translating this m2! :)

Return to “Kula Shaker Forum”