Bootlegs

General topics of discussion on Kula Shaker
raagy girl
Golden Avatar

Re: Bootlegs

Postby raagy girl » Sat Feb 27, 2016 12:06 am

2-J wrote:Well, I didn't design that cover, but I never heard a recording of that Milton Keynes show that wasn't mine. And after I shared it with the forum, it appeared on ebay a few days later lol, some scumbag making some money selling it.

Spys are everywhere sadly.. I must have that Milton Keynes recording somewhere! I didn't make it to the plane and missed the show because there was a snow storm (!) in Germany..
Domino
Holy Flame

Postby Domino » Sat Feb 27, 2016 10:18 am

2-J wrote:Well, I didn't design that cover, but I never heard a recording of that Milton Keynes show that wasn't mine. And after I shared it with the forum, it appeared on ebay a few days later lol, some scumbag making some money selling it.

I downloaded the bootleg from the old forum, but I don't remember who uploaded the cover either :?

I think that selling boots is against the law and not allowed on eBay :!:

PS. "Scientists say the world is made up of protons, neutrons, electrons but they forgot to mention morons" ;)
We were dead before the ship even sank
2-J
Golden Avatar

Postby 2-J » Sat Feb 27, 2016 10:36 am

I think you are probably right Domino, and that may have been the case even in 2006 (that ebay did not allow it). But in 2006 around that time and before, many bootlegs were more or less openly sold on ebay. I bought several bootlegs from ebay, mostly a little bit before that time, iirc. Perhaps nowadays they enforce things more strictly.
Domino
Holy Flame

Postby Domino » Sat Feb 27, 2016 3:52 pm

From what I remember, I bought three KS unofficial releases (Cool Karma, Blender, Blendha and Hotta Stirrer).
We were dead before the ship even sank
108 Battles
Mystical Machine Gun

Postby 108 Battles » Sat Feb 27, 2016 4:30 pm

Well apparently the aforementioned scumbag didn't know the proper names of all the songs either, as in 6 Ft. Down Blues.... :lol:
2-J
Golden Avatar

Postby 2-J » Sat Feb 27, 2016 4:35 pm

108 Battles wrote:

Well apparently the aforementioned scumbag didn't know the proper names of all the songs either, as in 6 Ft. Down Blues.... :lol:

Well yeah, I think I probably titled it that as opposed to the scumbag. Pretty dumb title, but the title of the song was not known at the time. The Revenge Of The King EP has its initial release on 31 March 2006, the Milton Keynes show was 11 March 2006.
108 Battles
Mystical Machine Gun

Postby 108 Battles » Sat Feb 27, 2016 7:19 pm

2-J wrote:
108 Battles wrote:

Well yeah, I think I probably titled it that as opposed to the scumbag. Pretty dumb title, but the title of the song was not known at the time. The Revenge Of The King EP has its initial release on 31 March 2006, the Milton Keynes show was 11 March 2006.

Oops...sorry about that. It didn't occur to me that perhaps the song could have been making a debut prior to release. My mistake.
xxx m2 xxx
Golden Avatar

Postby xxx m2 xxx » Sun Feb 28, 2016 5:43 pm

Bienvenidoalos90 wrote:Another great website:
http://ksexpress.exblog.jp/

Oh, thank you so much! It's my blog :)
chilean
Mystical Machine Gun

Postby chilean » Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:39 pm

I was listening a bootleg, and the name of the first track was "les fleur"... do you know what is that? KS playing?
Bienvenidoalos90
Lucky 13

Postby Bienvenidoalos90 » Wed Mar 02, 2016 5:18 am

Is a song by Minnie Riperton - Come to my Garden (1970)

Return to “Kula Shaker Forum”