Get Right Get Ready...Tour + Single Announcement

General topics of discussion on Kula Shaker
Steve
Mystical Machine Gun

Re: Get Right Get Ready...Tour + Single Announcement

Postby Steve » Sat May 07, 2016 1:01 pm

I feel doing the 'greatest hits' for the Feb tour was fair enough as it was right on the cusp of the album release and the crowd I felt was there mainly to hear those. However for this smaller venue tour I thought it would've of been more about the newer stuff but it seems to be the same sort of sets getting played.

Still, looking forward to seeing them again whatever they play.
11:11
philam2
Sleeping Jiva

Postby philam2 » Thu May 12, 2016 11:24 am

Glad that "Only Myself" at least is in accordance with my view......I think Strangefolk was an epic album and it's a shame that it isn't represented more in live performance.

Having had a look at the recent setlists it looks as if a few different tracks have sneaked in, the new album is slightly more represented than it was at the Roundhouse, I'm off to Gloucester (in a shower of rain) on Friday night so we will see what that brings. Either way, it'll be great to see one of my fave bands in a tiny venue, shouldn't grumble toooooo much!!!
antimaterial
Mystical Machine Gun

Postby antimaterial » Thu May 19, 2016 11:31 am

I spoke to Simon about this at the Bath gig, saying that there wasn't much from Strangefolk or Pilgrims Progress, and he said that they're trying to raise their profile and promote K2.0, and most people just don't know those two albums. Shame, I love them.

Incidentally, the Bath gig was fantastic, I met Don Pecker, who I know as he lives near me anyway, and he got me backstage after the gig, and I met Mathura Das, who is another person from Kula folklore. He was so friendly, and was telling me stories from the early days. The band were pretty friendly too!
"Look for signs and portents"
Only Myself
Mystical Machine Gun

Postby Only Myself » Fri May 20, 2016 11:34 am

How many songs from K2.0 did they actually play?

Sounds like you had a good knight anyway.

Dead on here at the moment isn't it? Where is everyone? Is there a secret subforum that I'm not allowed in?
raagy girl
Golden Avatar

Postby raagy girl » Fri May 20, 2016 6:01 pm

Only Myself wrote:How many songs from K2.0 did they actually play?

They played Let Love be (with U), Infinite Sun, Oh Mary and 33 Crows. Here come my demons was on the setlists as well, but I don't know if they ever played it? Not in London, sadly.
Gokarna
Sleeping Jiva

Postby Gokarna » Fri May 20, 2016 6:04 pm

Wilton's was amazing, I hated the vibe at Roundhouse, not mellow at all.. Wished they'd played Here Come My Demons, such an epic track.. Hearing Great Hosannah is super special... :D
Gokarna
Sleeping Jiva

Postby Gokarna » Fri May 20, 2016 6:11 pm

Any ideas if UK festival date is still on? Was one in August but seems to have dropped off list.. Have a 5 year old who is desperate to see them and thinks very unfair she didn't get to go the gigs! 8-)
Kadmin
Site Admin

Postby Kadmin » Fri May 20, 2016 8:41 pm

Gokarna wrote:Any ideas if UK festival date is still on? Was one in August but seems to have dropped off list.. Have a 5 year old who is desperate to see them and thinks very unfair she didn't get to go the gigs! 8-)

Festival has been cancelled unfortunately, but most likely tonight won't be the last of this year's UK dates...
Gokarna
Sleeping Jiva

Postby Gokarna » Sat May 21, 2016 5:24 pm

Kadmin wrote:
Gokarna wrote:Any ideas if UK festival date is still on? Was one in August but seems to have dropped off list.. Have a 5 year old who is desperate to see them and thinks very unfair she didn't get to go the gigs! 8-)

Festival has been cancelled unfortunately, but most likely tonight won't be the last of this year's UK dates...

Thx for update... Shame about festival.. Another small scale one would be great. Jeevas played Guilfest once and also one near Bath somewhere.. Exciting that more dates later in year.. Although seems far too long away... :(
sketchead
Sleeping Jiva

Postby sketchead » Mon May 23, 2016 11:38 am

I was slightly disappointed they never played anything from Strangefolk, even one song would have been amazing but I understand why.... However the Edinburgh gig was immense, such a small intimate venue. Was perfect.

Thought they might have been playing more UK festivals this year though. What better way to raise there profile??
I heard the truth was built to bend
A mechanism to suspend the guilt
Is what you are requiring still
You've got to dance little liar

Return to “Kula Shaker Forum”