New single 2 STYX (Craving Heart)

General topics of discussion on Kula Shaker
rb1971
Lucky 13

Re: New single 2 STYX (Craving Heart)

Postby rb1971 » Fri Aug 26, 2016 7:01 pm

bizarrely it seems tey are taking off mountain lifter in the states and replacing it with 2 STYX see:- https://www.srcvinyl.com/kula-shaker-k2-0-lp.html
drykid
Golden Avatar

Postby drykid » Sun Aug 28, 2016 9:42 am

I like it a lot; it's all been changed around quite a bit since the original. But since I didn't hear the original that much it doesn't really matter (unlike say Great Diktator where I got used to the first version only for them to put out a completely different one...) I hope this gets a proper release anyway.

It looks to me like the footage in the video is from the La Maroquinerie gig. I could see on the night that the gig was being professionally filmed, but it wasn't obvious as to what purpose. But I guess they were already planning this video at the time, and needed some live footage. Makes you wonder why they didn't just play the actual song at the gig though if that's what they had in mind with the footage.
zeal
Mystical Machine Gun

Postby zeal » Mon Sep 05, 2016 8:20 pm

drykid wrote:I like it a lot; it's all been changed around quite a bit since the original. But since I didn't hear the original that much it doesn't really matter (unlike say Great Diktator where I got used to the first version only for them to put out a completely different one...) I hope this gets a proper release anyway.

It looks to me like the footage in the video is from the La Maroquinerie gig. I could see on the night that the gig was being professionally filmed, but it wasn't obvious as to what purpose. But I guess they were already planning this video at the time, and needed some live footage. Makes you wonder why they didn't just play the actual song at the gig though if that's what they had in mind with the footage.

Original? was there or is there another version of 2 styx? where can i listen
drykid
Golden Avatar

Postby drykid » Mon Sep 05, 2016 9:09 pm

I just meant the live version they played at a few gigs in 2006:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DO1eRHdqx78

Don't think it was ever recorded in the studio.
jamesjeeva
Sleeping Jiva

Postby jamesjeeva » Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:10 pm

Hi All

I have listened to 2 STYX on youtube and was about to buy it on iTunes but noticed that the song length is different on each site.

On youtube the video goes on for 3:29 but on iTunes it's 3:47.

Is the iTunes version of the song longer or is it just silence after 3:29?
Goes to 11
Lucky 13

Postby Goes to 11 » Sat Sep 10, 2016 6:49 am

The i-tunes one has got the 'Bol Hari Bol' hidden track from K2.0 stuck on the end, probably because it's the last track on the album. That's why it appears to be longer when you compare the runtimes. ;)
jamesjeeva
Sleeping Jiva

Postby jamesjeeva » Sat Sep 10, 2016 2:37 pm

Huh? Bol Hari Bol? :? I bought the album from iTunes when it came out and there is no hidden track after Mountain Lifter which is the last track on the original version of the album.

Is it on the CD only perhaps?
Goes to 11
Lucky 13

Postby Goes to 11 » Sat Sep 10, 2016 3:17 pm

It's on the CD. I don't have the i-tunes version, but I assumed it was the same. And apparently it's on the 2 Styx i-tunes version of the album, too. (I only bought the one track)
jamesjeeva
Sleeping Jiva

Postby jamesjeeva » Sun Sep 11, 2016 8:04 pm

Ah ok, thanks for your help. I will get the song off iTunes then to 'complete' the album.

Cheers again. :)

Return to “Kula Shaker Forum”