The Fantastic Fear of Everything discussion thread

General topics of discussion on Kula Shaker

Re: The Fantastic Fear of Everything discussion thread

Postby Hillingdon on Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:15 am

sgt.8 wrote:It's probably not a mistake. There's more chance of him being accepted as a director if he pretends that this is what he's focusing on indefinitely.

John Squire has to pretend he doesn't even play guitar any more to be accepted as an artist (painter). And he's still seen as an outsider by some peers and critics.

Or maybe this is the end of Kula Shaker. Hope not.

Re John Squire. Are you telling me he IS still making music????
Was gutted when I heard about him swapping his guitar for a paint brush - although, he may well be really good at it all the same.
Ditto Crispian with his directoring, I guess.
Hillingdon
Pilgrim

Postby raagy girl on Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:44 pm

I guess this is a great chance for Crispian, it's great that his first movie starrs such famous actors! This surely is a project that most prospective film makers dream of. But, he can't be doing movies all the time, so I really hope he concentrates on Kula again as soon as the film is done. You can surely make more money doing films, but then again there are so many true KS fans that he should give it a try again, he doesn't only owe it to us but also to the rest of the band!
raagy girl
Astronaut

Postby jupiterseagull on Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:34 am

I just watched the k15 interview disc with Crispian and in the background he had a house full of Guitars on every wall ...you can not keep a good Axeman down for very long, his fingers will force his brain to play more music in the future.
For you shall be tomorrow
Like you have been today
If this was never ending
What more can you say?
jupiterseagull
Astronaut

Postby drykid on Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:24 pm

peterbruce2002 wrote:I know! I love simon pegg. honestly think his involvement (doing a particularly straight, non comedy role) will really get it out there in the papers/magazines. The right kind of publicity? Hell yes!

This is my feeling too; without a big name involved this film would've probably disappeared without trace no matter how good it was, but Simon Pegg's status is such that plenty of people will watch it for that reason alone. I can understand a bit better now some of the issues over the last album; if Crispian knew there was an opportunity to get Simon Pegg in this film then maybe schedules had to be re-arranged accordingly. I'm fairly sure that someone like that has a *very* busy schedule, and it could well've been a case of now-or-never. So I can't blame Crispian for going for it.

I'm not reading too much into people referring to Crispian as "ex Kula Shaker"; I'm sure that most journalists think the band split up in the 90s and haven't worked together since. I think the important thing is that the film is being writen about :)
drykid
Pilgrim

Postby SusheelK on Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:48 am

Sheridan star struck by Kula Shaker

Sheridan Smith has confessed she was starstruck when she worked on a film directed by former Kula Shaker frontman Crispian Mills.
http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/enter ... 61638.html
Service with a smile.
SusheelK
Site Admin

Postby sgt.8 on Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:47 pm

Hillingdon wrote:
sgt.8 wrote:It's probably not a mistake. There's more chance of him being accepted as a director if he pretends that this is what he's focusing on indefinitely.

John Squire has to pretend he doesn't even play guitar any more to be accepted as an artist (painter). And he's still seen as an outsider by some peers and critics.

Or maybe this is the end of Kula Shaker. Hope not.

Re John Squire. Are you telling me he IS still making music????
Was gutted when I heard about him swapping his guitar for a paint brush - although, he may well be really good at it all the same.
Ditto Crispian with his directoring, I guess.

Sorry for the mega late reply Hillingdon. Couldn't say anything until now. Yes he is. :D
sgt.8
Astronaut

Postby Hillingdon on Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:58 am

Thanks for that sgt.8!
Definately something to look forward to.

Speaking of which, I read somewhere recently that 'The Fantastic Fear of Everything' is now in the can, done and dusted.
So, the question begs - what has Mr.Mills got planned next?
And please don't ANYBODY suggest a holiday!
Hillingdon
Pilgrim

Postby Dr.Download on Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:10 am

His next film, of course. Onwards and upwards.
Dr.Download
Mystical Machine Gun

Postby uhadme@verifypasswd on Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:46 am

Christmas single, perhaps.
uhadme@verifypasswd
Peasant

Postby peterbruce2002 on Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:24 am

please, yes for another xmas single! last years was awesome... and then the year before that too was excellent... space caravan I believe... yes. nice.
nearly owns enough kula tshirts to wear one every day of the week!
peterbruce2002
Golden Avatar

PreviousNext

Return to Kula Shaker Forum