Upcoming live album

General topics of discussion on Kula Shaker
rb1971
Lucky 13

Re: Upcoming live album

Postby rb1971 » Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:21 pm

Does anyone know how to download the live video?
boombox
Sleeping Jiva

Postby boombox » Thu Dec 15, 2016 8:55 am

rb1971 wrote:Does anyone know how to download the live video?

I've got two copies of it - both the hi def feed and an authored up version as two DVDs, which I got from dime. I could upload them somewhere like wetransfer and post a link, as long as that doesn't contravene the 'no links to pirated music' rule. It's not officially released, so should be OK - can Susheel confirm? (I've also got an audio copy of the Norwich gig and my own recording of the Bristol show, the latter of which I have just put up on dime and of which I will make an mp3 copy for my phone, so could share that somewhere too.)

Good to see the forum back with the old guard here again - always used to be a really great community here. The boys were really great on Tuesday night and seemed to ne enjoying themselves. I hope they stick around now.
PaulP
Sleeping Jiva

Postby PaulP » Thu Dec 15, 2016 8:56 am

use an add-on to Firefox called "DownloadHelper" - it detects what video is playing on the page and copies/then converts/saves it to your local storage.
Would be nicer to get a full Kula-approved DVD with extras though!
rb1971
Lucky 13

Postby rb1971 » Thu Dec 15, 2016 7:00 pm

My live album arrived today & it sounds ace, will there be a digital download?
jrbarrie
Lucky 13

Postby jrbarrie » Fri Dec 16, 2016 8:30 am

boombox wrote:(I've also got an audio copy of the Norwich gig and my own recording of the Bristol show, the latter of which I have just put up on dime and of which I will make an mp3 copy for my phone, so could share that somewhere too.)

Good to see the forum back with the old guard here again - always used to be a really great community here. The boys were really great on Tuesday night and seemed to ne enjoying themselves. I hope they stick around now."
Am enjoying your Bristol capture right now. Your comment about K.S. being one of the best live bands is spot on. I've seen very few artists play so tight. Hope they will tour the states more often.
drykid
Golden Avatar

Postby drykid » Sun Dec 18, 2016 2:45 pm

boombox wrote:I've got two copies of it - both the hi def feed and an authored up version as two DVDs, which I got from dime. I could upload them somewhere like wetransfer and post a link, as long as that doesn't contravene the 'no links to pirated music' rule. It's not officially released, so should be OK - can Susheel confirm? (I've also got an audio copy of the Norwich gig and my own recording of the Bristol show, the latter of which I have just put up on dime and of which I will make an mp3 copy for my phone, so could share that somewhere too.)

Susheel doesn't seem to be around much these days, but I'd just go ahead and post a link if I were you. I'm sure the worst that would happen will be that the link will get removed if it's frowned upon; there won't be any further consequences. (And if there are then you can tell Susheel that it's all my fault for saying it was ok :P ) As you say it's not a commercial release, and (sadly) is never likely to be. I'd do it myself as I just grabbed it from dime too. But I'm still uploading videos from Bristol myself, so could do without the strain on my connection from uploading it elsewhere.

Thanks for recording the Bristol gig! I made my own recording too, but I'm fairly sure yours will be infinitely better than mine without even listening, so no need for me to compare.
boombox
Sleeping Jiva

Postby boombox » Mon Dec 19, 2016 1:56 am

OK, so here's a link to a mediafire folder with mp3s of my Bristol recording and also one from Norwich, for those who couldn't grab the lossless from dime, and the WDR hi-def feed from Germany (spanned across a number of files as it's 4+ GB):

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/s8rb9b ... _Downloads

I've also added the Italian festival mp3.

I will add some photos from Bristol too once I can tweak them.
xxx m2 xxx
Golden Avatar

Postby xxx m2 xxx » Fri Dec 23, 2016 7:22 pm

boombox wrote:OK, so here's a link to a mediafire folder with mp3s of my Bristol recording and also one from Norwich, for those who couldn't grab the lossless from dime, and the WDR hi-def feed from Germany (spanned across a number of files as it's 4+ GB):

Thank you so much for sharing! :)
Domino
Holy Flame

Postby Domino » Sat Dec 24, 2016 11:08 am

boombox wrote:OK, so here's a link to a mediafire folder with mp3s of my Bristol recording and also one from Norwich, for those who couldn't grab the lossless from dime, and the WDR hi-def feed from Germany (spanned across a number of files as it's 4+ GB):

Hey boombox, how are you pal :)

Thanks for sharing 8-)
We were dead before the ship even sank
Christine From Oz
Lucky 13

Postby Christine From Oz » Mon Dec 26, 2016 6:10 am

Thanks for sharing guys. This makes for a great Christmas present!
I am busy downloading now....

Return to “Kula Shaker Forum”