Original website text

General topics of discussion on Kula Shaker
LoveSpecialDelivery
Sleeping Jiva

Original website text

Postby LoveSpecialDelivery » Wed Feb 15, 2017 4:31 pm

First, let me just say how wonderful it is to have the forum back and to be back on it! And what an awesome new album, many thanks to Kula Shaker!

And now my question. The very first version of the original Kula Shaker website had a subpage wherein there was a wonderful narrative that talked about their philosophy and the "simultaneous irreconcilability of being" or something very close to that. I lost my image of that page in a computer crash. I've searched the Wayback Machine but can only find what I remember as the next generation of the old website. I don't really need the whole subpage, just the paragraph(s) containing that philosophical meditation.

If anyone happen to preserve that text in some way, I would really appreciate any assistance you can give me in getting to read that again as it is one of the most meaningful, dense, and beautiful passages I have ever read in this plane of existence. Thanks!
jrbarrie
Lucky 13

Re: Original website text

Postby jrbarrie » Thu Feb 16, 2017 3:28 am

LoveSpecialDelivery wrote:The very first version of the original Kula Shaker website had a subpage wherein there was a wonderful narrative that talked about their philosophy and the "simultaneous irreconcilability of being" or something very close to that. I lost my image of that page in a computer crash. I've searched the Wayback Machine but can only find what I remember as the next generation of the old website. I don't really need the whole subpage, just the paragraph(s) containing that philosophical meditation."
Hello, presumably you are referring to 1996. The first capture on Wayback is 18 Dec. 1996, and several pages are accessible. Can you recall any additional keywords?
LoveSpecialDelivery
Sleeping Jiva

Postby LoveSpecialDelivery » Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:55 pm

Yes, 1996 sounds correct. The concept being expressed was somewhat circular and seemed to turn in on itself in expressing a statement that then also expressed the opposite of itself. I think. That was what was so cool about it, it made you think about what it actually meant and I was never 100% sure exactly what it meant. I used to know more of the phrase but as I've gotten older, it seems like more and more of the exact words have slipped away once I lost my copy of it. My apologies for having so little to go on.
jrbarrie
Lucky 13

Postby jrbarrie » Sat Feb 18, 2017 2:27 am

I mined that 1996 archived website on Wayback - very interesting time capsule. Could not find anything along the lines of "simultaneous irreconcilability of being." But I did find some quotes that have stood the test of time. All quite interesting. All from a 23-year-old Crispian.

"The things I thought were weird turned out to be normal and the things I thought were normal turned out to be weird."

"We're on a mission to fight the dark energy. We'll do it because the battle has already been fought and won. There is a divine intelligence that knows everything - past, present and future - so it's already happened. We're just playing our part as the band."

"The glorification of mediocrity is happening..."

"Something much bigger than all of us is in control..."

"Because it's not just about music, it's about elevating your consciousness in a real and unpretentious manner. We're not into being clever or intellectual, but we're definitely into perceiving life with a slightly more spiritual and responsible outlook."

"Take life to its ultimate mystical potential, otherwise you're short-changing yourself. Which is exactly what you're being encouraged to do at the moment. We're up for that..."
LoveSpecialDelivery
Sleeping Jiva

Postby LoveSpecialDelivery » Sat Feb 25, 2017 3:58 pm

Yes indeed, Crispian does most definitely have a way with words...

Return to “Kula Shaker Forum”